Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bus Driver Read Newspaper While Driving, Rider Says





From an anonymous user:
During my commute last Monday morning on the D2, the bus driver was reading a newspaper for a long stretch of the route, both while the bus was stopped and while it was in motion.

I emailed WMATA about this and asked for a specific response, which I thought was reasonable given the seriousness of the safety issue (I mentioned that I'd like to provide them with the attached photos and video).
 
This was a westbound D2, leaving Dupont at 7:30 AM, bus #3077.
It took a while, but WMATA finally got back to the rider.
I got a call from someone in WMATA customer service this morning, telling me they'd started a proceeding against the driver in question.

The guy gave me the name and number of the person in charge of investigating the driver, and an email to send photos and video to. So at this point I'm satisfied with the response -- it sounds like they're actually taking this seriously, and I'd like to give them credit for that.
Other items:
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter